Thursday, May 27, 2010

Silly Bands, Really??


I think that schools took the right step in banning the Silly Bands.

Recently, even in the high schools, kids are trading, and playing with these animal shaped rubber band bracelets in class. I see it every day! They wear them on their wrists, and trade them amongst each other."I'll give you my flamingo for your dolphin?" and this goes on through out the days. However, and I'm willing to bet this occurs mostly in elementary schools, they have caused quite a distraction. Kids play with them during class-when they are supposed to be paying attention-and when they trade, they find that they just might want their seahorse back. Besides this, the Silly Bands are simply a fad. Next year, they are all going to wonder why they wore animal shaped rubber bands half way up their arms.

1 comment: